Traditionally, Design starts with Space Planning and layout. Space planning for your project can be a difficult task. It’s not only about who sits where, but there are legal requirements, accommodation standards, IT, staff welfare and telecoms to consider.
For the last few years, we have been space planning for businesses both big and small in every corner of the USA and U.A.E. So whether you need to space plan an office that’s 3,000 sq ft or 100,000 square feet, Alpine Construction, approaches each project in the same way.
Space planning considerations
There’s a lot to consider when creating a project layout. Get it right and you have a new office that functions well and is fit for the future. Here are just a few things to think about when creating a space plan:
- Accommodation (space planning) standards – these include average square feet per person, corridor widths, appropriate sizes for tea points, copy areas, meeting rooms, receptions, etc. Alpine Construction has developed its own accommodation standards based on many successful office design projects. We apply these standards to every project we work on, passing the benefit of our knowledge to you.
- Legal requirements – there is lots of legislation to consider when space planning your office, including: The Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations, Building Regulations, Fire Safety, Resistance to sound, The American with Disabilities Act. (ADA) plus others. With Alpine Construction, you don’t have to worry about any of them as we are experts in making sure your space plan is legally up-to-scratch.
- Business requirements – of course your space plan should be guided by your business needs. For example, a legal firm will want more private space for confidential conversations, whereas a marketing agency will want to foster more interaction and creativity. Accommodation standards will vary by business and it’s likely that Alpine Construction has planned an office in your industry.
- IT and Telecoms – For your space plan to work, it must take into consideration access to IT, telecoms and small power. For example, does your office have raised flooring to make running cables to individual workstations easy? If so, you’ll have a lot more flexibility with your office layout. If not, you must space plan your workstations with access to a wall or ceiling with power and data. A skilled space planner can really help with those awkward spaces.
- Flexibility and Growth – a well considered space plan will incorporate future growth to accommodate the changing needs of your business. For example, creating flexible spaces that can be used for either breakout space or workstations. This will save you time and money down the road when your business needs change.
We offer a full turn-key office space planning service, including:
Feasibility Studies to help you decide how much office space you really need, for now and in the future. And don’t forget things like storage space, departmental adjacency and new ways of working.
Building appraisals to help you decide which space is more cost-effective. We’ll also do a full survey of your shortlisted buildings to help you decide which one is right for you.
Concept drawings, 3D rendering and test fit drawings so you can know exactly what your new office will look like before you start on site for additional charge.
Office furniture. Good space planning is a harmonious design between the physical space and your furniture.
Building services to make sure your air-conditioning, heating, ventilation, lighting and telecoms requirements all work in conjunction with your space plan.
We don’t just design your office, we inspire it
Think Office Interior Design is cosmetic? Think again. Our ingenious office designs actually help businesses perform better. Productivity, morale and creativity go up.
Energy bills, sick notes and resignations go down. Don’t believe it? If we did not see it with our own eyes many times a year, we probably would not either.
We apply all our inspirational office interior design expertise, to transform your office into a place that not only looks better, it works better. Soon, your workplace will be with inspiring, happier, more productive staff.
So, what does our office design service include?
- A thorough analysis of your workplace needs: square footage, storage, breakout areas, meeting rooms, audio-visual, air-conditioning, IT, kitchens, etc.
- Test fit drawings – understand how it all fits in your new office
- Concept drawings – an overall feel and flavor of how it will look
- Space planning – see how the new layout flows in real life
- Finishes and fittings – work with your interior designer to accomplish textures and colors that reflect your brand and inspire your staff
- 3D visualizations – picture your new space with 3D walk throughs that make our plans leap off the page
- Working drawings – all the drawings needed to get planning permission, and to build out your space
You can be assured that what you see is what you get our design and build way of working means that our office design team work in close collaboration with our builders, surveyors and mechanical & electrical (MEP) experts. So you can be sure the design you approve is the office you get. No substitutions, no nasty surprises.